I like to think of a cybernetic meadow
«… where mammals and computers live together in mutually programming harmony like pure water touching clear sky.»
terra0 is a scalable framework built on the Ethereum network that provides automated resilience systems for ecosystems. Via instantiating a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation atop areas of land to manage them, terra0 aims to create technologically-augmented ecosystems that are more resilient, and able to act within a predetermined set of rules in the economic sphere as agents in their own right.
I like to think of a cybernetic forest
«… filled with pines and electronics where deer stroll peacefully past computers as if they were flowers with spinning blossoms.»
- Premna Daemon
- Project about an augmented Premna Microphylla, originally developed for the Proof of Work exhibition at Berlin’s Schinkel Pavillon.
- An experimental test-case on tokenization and verification of natural assets.
- terra0 white paper 2016
- Can an augmented forest own and utilise itself?
- Selected press:
- Artists Re:Thinking the Blockchain (terra0 – Can an Augmented Forest Own and Utilize Itself?)
- Bot Club – Het Nieuwe Instituut
- Deloitte Art & Finance Report (Blockchain as a creative tool)
- Forbes 2018
- Forbes 2017
- MoneyLab Reader 2 (BitchCoin and terra0 – Tokenization as an Art Form)
- The Quietus
I like to think of a cybernetic ecology
«… where we are free of our labors and joined back to nature, returned to our mammal brothers and sisters, and all watched over by machines of loving grace.»
We are a group of developers, theorists, and researchers exploring the creation of hybrid ecosystems in the technosphere.
Driven by a keen interest in remote sensing, machine learning, and distributed ledger technology, we develop tools for the management of natural ecosystems and resources via the creation of meshes of interacting decentralized autonomous organisations.
We believe that these key technologies give us the opportunity to rethink existing and ineffective governance and regulatory structures and that they will play a crucial role in creating a sustainable, resilient, and biodiverse future.
Right now, please! It has to be!